logo logo

Thread: Sikkim in January ? .

Default Sikkim in January ? .

Hi IMers,

I have found a travel companion and decided to travel to Sikkim(first time) for around 14 days but my only available time will be somewhere mid January till late January.

I have the following questions and hope to get your replies soon in order to plan my trip:

a) Will I be able to visit Zero Point, Yumthang Valley, Lachung, Lachen, Gurudongmar Lake, Yuksom to Tashiding Trek, Khecheopalri Lake, Tsomgo Lake and Nathu La during January ? We are both foreigners, understand that some places can be reached by locals only but my LP guidebook is 6 years old.

b) Will 14 days be sufficient to visit the above places plus Pelling, Ralang, Borong, Ravangla, Namchi, Labrang and Gangtok for 2 days(to visit places not mentioned above).

c) Is it true that North Sikkim must be done by joining a group tour and cannot be done on our own with shared jeeps or buses ?

d) How is Sikkim Silk Route compared to those places I mentioned above in term of scenery ?

e) I will be arriving and leaving at Bagdogra airport. Appreciate if anyone can suggest the best direction to travel without backtracking but passing Kalimpong before returning to Bagdogra airport.

Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement